TESOL Methods

This is my first journal, I have to admit that I am not a good writter but, I am going to do my best. In this one; my reflection is oriented to the TESOL methods, which are:grammar translation, the direct method, audiolingual, suggestopedia, silent way, total physical response, and the communicative language teaching, we have analized the basis of each of them and discuss about the pros and cons. In my personal point of view a teacher have not to focus on one method, the mixure of them is the best way to develop student´s accuracy in L2; nevertheless teachers have to keep in mind the language level of the student to adapt lessons.

I am working with children, and I have experimented that they learn best by doing, performing, repeting, following commands. In this order of ideas with be suitable to use TPR, Audiolingual and Direct method, however I must confess that during the praxis, I often use L1 (grammar translation) "to get Ss´understanding". Mathew presented us a Chinese class without our L1 or L2 which make me reflect on my teaching, Why do I have to translate into L1 the English class? Now and then it is a must for my classes use L2 all time, as these program requires to practice English all time, I will continue doing that in my classes; that´s the only way I and my students will learn and improve in English.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Cultural Shock