Cultural Shock

Image result for effective learning

"Your enthusiasm will be infectious, stimulating and attractive to others, they will love for it. They will go for you and with you".


Since the very first time I knew I was accepted to to summer curse in Arkansas I was so I exited, I said to my principal and all of my coworkers, this is an opportunity to improve my English skills and learn a lot. During this time I realized that culture is a way of life where learners have to be involved to acquire it, and the experience provide this element, living in Arkansas  has been an experience where I could learn about, how why people in the United States live and realized that learning is not only assist to school, involves interactions with people outside your everyday environment, your customs and thoughts.

The Cultural experience consist of four interconnected learning interactions which are knowing about, how, why and oneself, individual learners need to understand themselves and their own culture as means to comprehending, adapting to or integrated into the culture, learning occurs through experiences which varies, due to the differences in context, curricula, students, teachers and many other factors. 

I really enjoyed the readiading about Cultural Shock because, it is for real. Nowadays that all SEP is in the Univeristy of Arkansas we face a different environment, we had to learn how to agree with our roomies, enjoy the american food, taste the different flavors, change the timetable of our meals, assit to school, be students again; moreover we have been meeting people from all aver the word.

Sometimes we are astonished, amused, nevertheless in other time we are homesick, missing our country, our families, our culture. Speaking English all time haven´t been easy; sometimes we struggle with language as we don´t know all the vocabulary for everything. This cultural shock has been positive, now we value both, American and Mexican culture; and we are able to go forward and share our experiences when we go back.

Comentarios

  1. I'm glad that, despite the difficulties, it has been a valuable and largely positive time for you. I know that I have been so impressed by all of you and your willingness to speak English throughout the program (even when you think no one is listening). You have all handled yourselves very professionally, and I've nejoyed my time with you all as well.

    Thank you for sharing, Yas.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog