Arkansas and the listening Skills

I used to manage the listening skills as Cambridge examination format, students have to listen two times and answer questions about what the conversation was about however,  during my training in Arkansas, I have observed a real context, where we are exposed to the real context, real conversations which only are able to listen once, this conception has agreement with some theories that  have argued that this is unnatural that in real life one only gets one hearing, beyond classical format, however the ideal is not only to provide sufficient context to match that which would be available in real life but also to create motivation as predictions about what they will hear.

I have found my motivation through the necessity, when I go to the mall and I face a real English speaking environmet and I am alone, I have to to my best to understand what the cashier is saying me, at the very begging it was frustraiting, as I couldn´t understand, by these three weeks I have improved a lot, I understand almost all what people say or ask me, I am very proud of myselft.

When I go back to Mexico, I am going to study a lot, to develop my listening skill and increase my level, I want to go retun to the Unided States being able to understand every word, I want to be a better English speaker and also a better English Teacher.

Comentarios

  1. So my question would then be this: How will you go about developing your listening skills? What techniques will you use? What kinds of strategies might you apply?

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Cultural Shock